Akashic Records - The Records of your Soul

Ever had one of those moments where you just keep stumbling into some idea unendingly. You'll see a book on the subject, then your friend will from no where speak about it, followed by something or rather. It can get spooky at times.

Over the last few weeks, I find myself unusually caught in this one scenario. I don't know why, but every turn on the internet will somehow lead me a website or an ad or an article or something talking about this one idea – The Akashic Records.

I've been here before. Having run into something no matter how much I try to hide from it. It's almost like someone is shouting it at me. Fine. Being one to call a spade a spade, I took this as a celestial sign from the Man Upstairs to go do some investigative surfing.

Thus I began researching and after one week, if there's one thing I've come to realize about the Akashic Record, this would say it– it's just not possible to break it down in one para. The DNA of the Universe as its commonly known needs to be explained in sub-sections. So, here goes.


What are the Akashic Records

The starting point for this is the name itself. Akashic comes from the root name Akasha, which is Sanskrit for Sky, Space or ether. Translated, it means (somewhat) Records in the Sky.

According to long held belief, these Records in the Sky hold the complete details of every soul in existence. Everything from thought, word or act ever undertaken or said, these records will have it. They also include one entry - Every re-incarnation ever gone through by a soul. If a soul has taken a birth, or a re-birth, this is the Universe's database.

Simply put, it's all there.


How is this possible?

Believe me, I asked the same question. All research I've done point to one explanation in general that being every action undertaken by the soul is an act of energy. According to Ezines, "The soul emits energy with every thought, action or event that it engages in"

This energy however, does not disappear into nothingness. Instead it leaves a sort of finger print, a multi-dimensional holographic recording of the event, into the Akasha. It is these imprints which are then recorded in each individual's unique file in the Astral.

Meaning anything and everything we do/think/act is recorded in hologram into the Records.

This statement could very well be the rise for the saying "God knows everything you've done!"


Where are these records?

Unlike what the name may suggest, you're not going to find anything looking upwards, or even into outer space. And no, there are no special instruments to use.

Space or ether in reference here speaks of the Astral World. While I've written about the Astral in my Soul Traveling post, briefly, the Astral Plane is the place our souls travel to every night when we sleep and where we experience dreams.

In the astral, the Records are "located in the Hall of Records, located in the akashic plane of the universe, one of the 7 planes". Wikipedia lists Akashic in the Trikuti Causal Plane (as believed by Surat Shabda Yoga)


Which religion believes in this?

Oddly enough, while many religions today don't get along, this concept is in fact prevalent, one way or another, in almost all.

It's the Book of Ages, and the Book of the Lamb St. Peter held by the keeper of the Gates of Heaven (Christianity), Nature's Memory (Buddhism) and even as considered to be source of the language Sanskrit and the origin of the Hindu Scriptures, Vedas.

Make no mistake about this. This concept has been known for many millenias. A check on Wikipedia will give you a list "including the Indians, Moors, Tibetans, Bönpo and other peoples of the Himalaya, Egyptians, Persians, Chaldeans, Greeks, Chinese, Hebrews, Christians, Druids and Mayans."

Egyptians seers looked to the Akashic to provide the Pharaohs the best advice in decision making. Famous psychic Edgar Edward Cayce needed only to sleep after which he was able to give his customers accurate readings in his sessions.


Whom do I see about accessing my Records

Here is where it gets interesting. For me, it does.

By now, if I've written this right, you're under the impression that this celestial Soul Records are only reachable by Rishi's or Yogi's or someone who's a highly evolved soul with many hours of meditation under his belt.

NO – says almost every shred of research information I had to pour into.

Anyone, literally anyone who can Astral Travel has the chance access the Akashic. So if you know how to separate from your physical body and traverse the Astral, then you've got an access pass to go see.

If you don't know how to, and would like to know what Astral Travel is about, read my post on the subject matter.


Posted in: , | | |  

3 comments:

    Fantastic post on a subject that is near and dear to my heart.

    Great job!

    You should add more features to your page when you can.

    Let me know if you need pointers on how to build a blogroll or a contact page.

    Also you should really allow anonymous comments...brings more viewers. ;)

    Blessings!

     

    Hi Vera,
    It's always a pleasure. So glad you came by, let alone left a comment. Just when I switched to my new theme no less. You're right on time.

    Oh yea, I will definitely be adding more features. I've switched to the New Blogger which makes adding to the layout so much simpler. And I added the anonymous comments just as soon as I read your comment.

    Thanks Vera. Do come back yea.

     
    On June 13, 2007 at 6:56 PM Anonymous said...

    Hey, great post! Very well written stuff on the Akashic Records - I think something is calling me to find out about it as well, as I've been "stumbling" upon references to it everywhere I go - and yours is definitely a well written and researched piece.